I thought of Facebook's announcement last Friday when my husband, my daughter and I visited Frank Lloyd Wright's Oak Park neighborhood just west of Chicago. I considered the tenuous connection between myself and the famous architect Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959). Even though Wright lived his life for the most part in Spring Green, Wisconsin; Chicago, Illinois and Scottsdale, Arizona, far away from my hometown of Stafford, Kansas, and irregardless of the fact that he died in 1959 when I was just a kindergartener, there is a slim connection between us.
| My daughter Jillian and my husband Tim at the entrance to Unity Temple in Oak Park, Illinois |
| Wright's geometric lamps illuminate his Unity Temple's exterior. |
![]() |
| Sanctuary of the United Methodist Church in Stafford, Kansas (photo courtesy of Kim Fritzemeier) |
| Unity Temple 875 Lake Street, Oak Park, Illinois |
![]() |
| United Methodist Church Stafford, Kansas (photo courtesy of the Kansas Sampler Foundation) |
| Planters and a wall hide the stairs leading up to the main entrance of Unity Temple |
| Unity Temple's west facade |
Perhaps only four degrees separates you from Frank Lloyd Wright, too!


It was interesting to see the photos from the Unity Temple. It sounds like you are finding lots of things to explore in Chicago!
ReplyDeleteWow, I'll have to pay more attention next time I visit the Methodist Church! Great connection ...
ReplyDelete